Intellidex is a growing research and consulting house specialising in African financial markets for clients across Africa, Europe and the USA. We have offices in Johannesburg, London and Boston. We provide investment research, financial services market analysis, valuations, and strategy.
We are looking to appoint a cross-sector equities research
analyst to our capital markets team. The right person will have a track record
of producing innovative research and be willing to help develop the business as
part of a dynamic international team.
He or she will take a lead role in engaging our worldwide client base of large institutional and hedge fund investors in delivering creative and innovative research on equity special situations in South Africa and the region. He or she should also be an idea generator, producing regular, ahead of the curve, research insights that will catch the attention of global emerging markets investors. They should be industry agnostic in terms of coverage, though a background in financials would be ideal. They should have an excellent contact network in South African business. This person should aim to become a thought leader on African equities investment.
Requirements for the job include:
- A financial qualification with CA(SA) or CFA
- At least 10 years’ experience either on the
sellside or in a buyside research role particularly in long/short equities
- Strong quantitative skills but also able to
demonstrate innovative research experience and ability to get out and kick the
tires to develop investment theses on the ground;
- Business development experience, ability to
directly build client relationships and willingness to take responsibility in
developing our equities research product;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- Able to present work to clients and large
- Legal right to work in South Africa;
- Able to travel internationally on occasion;
- Be able to work at our Sandton office.
- A basic salary with a substantial variable component connected to business development;
- Opportunity to grow with our business and take a leadership role in this area;
- A small company environment, which can provide flexible working conditions.
Our standards are high. You will be working with MBAs, CFA
charterholders and PhDs on our team to ensure that Intellidex delivers high
levels of client satisfaction and responds dynamically to new business
To apply, please submit a covering letter that addresses the requirements listed above, as well as a CV that details experience and qualifications, using the form below.
Deadline for applications: 20 December 2019