This is a unique opportunity to work closely with the leadership at Intellidex both in company management matters and in the research output of the business.
The executive and research assistant (ERA) role is to support the executive chairman of Intellidex in two functions: managing the administration of the company and supporting research projects. As such, the position allows for considerable career development both in company management and in advanced research in financial markets, development policy, and a diverse range of other topics from philanthropy to behavioural finance.
Job responsibilities and tasks will include:
- In the research function, assist the chairman through:
- Desktop research and data gathering
- Interviews with research subjects
- Literature reviews
- Coordinating with other team members to obtain research input
- Writing up outputs and reports
- Contributing to proposals for new projects
- Other tasks include:
- Communicating and interacting with internal team members
- Working with company financial accounts
- Managing correspondence with clients
- Coordinating board meetings and related documents
- Organising and coordinating tasks involving the chairman with both clients and internal
- Coordinating company and client meetings and related documents
- Providing administration support to other directors on occasion
- Troubleshooting administration-related issues when necessary
- Managing procurement of some goods and services for the company
- Travel and meetings arrangements
Requirements for the role:
- A research degree in social sciences or related fields. Preferably at master’s level in economics, politics, philosophy, finance or similar
- High level of numeracy with some mathematics or statistics training at tertiary level
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a research role at a think tank, consulting or financial services firm
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation skills including ability to present to an audience
- Proactive can-do attitude, able to get on with the role without close supervision
- Be able to travel internationally on occasion
Intellidex offers a unique environment that draws together top academic skills, financial markets research and insight on South Africa’s policy development. We work with financial institutions and companies, as well as domestic and international policy-makers to improve outcomes for all South Africans. Intellidex is well-recognised for high quality research and you will become a core part of a highly skilled team, providing significant learning opportunities to advance your career.
Our standards are high. You will be working with MBAs, CFA charterholders and PhDs on our team to ensure that Intellidex delivers high levels of client satisfaction and responds dynamically to new business opportunities.
The role would be based either in Sandton or London. Working
hours and location can be flexible including working from home to some extent
but must have flexibility to be available at all hours when necessary.
Career progression is possible within the company including
into project and research leadership roles.
Applicants must be prepared to take a numeracy and writing test.
If you are interested in the position, please complete the form below, including a covering letter in which you show your experience meets the requirements listed above. There is no deadline for applications, but the role will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.