We are recruiting someone to join our high performing team working at the cutting edge of financial innovation and policy thinking in an effort to improve outcomes for our clients and the societies we live in.
This role will put you at the center of our clients’ success by ensuring brilliantly planned and efficient resource allocation at Intellidex across projects and annuity work.
If you believe you are a good fit, please provide a covering letter detailing how your experience fits the role requirements and a CV.
1. Overview of the role
Intellidex is a research-led consulting house focused on capital markets and financial services. We provide investment research, political economy analysis, financial services market analysis, policy research and social economy research including impact investing, and strategy research.
Most of our work is commissioned by major financial services companies, global multilaterals and investors, and sometimes our research leads to highly influential publications. We also work extensively with development funders with our work feeding into important policy decisions at the highest level of government. We believe in having an impact in our markets by providing the insights necessary to make capital markets and financial systems work better for society. Our research has ranged from the impact of charitable foundations to advising on investment strategies of global hedge funds.
We offer a small company environment in which you will have considerable latitude to shape your role. We will construct a compensation package with suitable incentives linked to performance for the right candidate. We believe in developing our talent and ensuring significant career development opportunities.
We have offices in Sandton, where this position will be based, London and Boston.
Our standards are high. You will be working with MBAs, CFA charterholders and PhDs on our team to ensure that Intellidex delivers high levels of client satisfaction and responds dynamically to new business opportunities.
We have an excellent team of researchers, analysts and writers. We need a dynamic highly organised person to manage the allocation of our resources to different projects and clients, and to set out tasks and responsibilities for them, in conjunction with project leaders. We are looking for a leader with a fine eye for detail, be very comfortable with complex spreadsheets as well as project management software. The successful candidate will have experience managing teams in a services environment preferably with experience managing short term projects. The role will be based in South Africa but work with team members across three countries.
2. Role Positioning
The role reports to the Executive Chairman. It is a mid-level role but with considerable scope for advancement to the senior leadership of the business.
- Overall responsibility for building and running and efficient and effective operating model for the business.
- Manage allocation of staff across the business to projects and other client work using purpose-designed software.
- Set up all new client engagements including both once off projects and ongoing work with task lists.
- Project management including project governance and administration such as monitoring time sheets and task completion through to invoicing at appropriate milestones.
5. Qualifications & Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a management role, ideally in consulting, think tanks or financial services
- Ideally, experience managing large projects lasting several months with teams of people in a research or consulting environment
- A bachelors’ degree in commerce, social science or similar field
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- A senior presence able to support staff morale and a working culture at Intellidex that aims to deliver value to clients and our societies
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
If you are interested in the position, please send a covering letter in which you address the requirements listed above using the form below. There is no deadline for applications, but the role will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.