Intellidex is a dynamic and fast-growing research and consulting company that wants to change the world. We’re looking for an operations manager to play a leading role in doing so.
While we have an excellent team of researchers, analysts and writers, we need someone to manage the allocation of our resources to different projects and clients. We are looking for a highly organised leader with a fine eye for detail, be very comfortable with complex spreadsheets as well as project software. The successful candidate will have experience managing teams in a services environment. The role will be based in South Africa, but work with team members across three countries.
Job responsibilities and tasks:
- Drive all project management, onboarding of all clients and coordinate the allocation of staff across various projects in the business
- Oversee the finance function for the group with two bookkeepers
- Consult with the leadership of the company to plan the allocation of staff to annuity and project work
- Oversee back office to ensure excellent support functions are available to professional staff, including overseeing the relationship with IT service providers and equipment
- Manage recruitment and onboarding of new staff
- Manage legal contracts with clients and counterparties
Requirements for the role:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a management
role, ideally in consulting or financial services
- A bachelors’ degree in commerce or similar
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- A senior presence able to support staff morale
and a working culture at Intellidex that aims to deliver value to clients and
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
Intellidex offers a unique environment that draws together
top academic skills, financial markets research and insight on South Africa’s
policy development. We work with financial institutions and companies, as well
as domestic and international policymakers to improve outcomes for all South
We have offices in Sandton, where this position will be
based, London and Boston. The position will report to the executive chairman.
Remuneration will be a mixture of basic (in the senior
manager range) and performance-based pay.
Our standards are high. You will be working with MBAs, CFA
charterholders and PhDs on our team to ensure that Intellidex delivers high
levels of client satisfaction and responds dynamically to new business
If you are interested in the position, please send a covering letter in which you address the requirements listed above using the form below. There is no deadline for applications, but the role will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.