Intellidex is a leading research house on capital markets and financial services. We undertake a wide range of research leading to highly influential publications and other reports for clients and the public.
We are looking for a research analyst to join us in this effort. The ideal candidate will be early in their career as a research analyst but have a strong academic research background with graduate-level research in social sciences and related fields.
The role will be to support the market research and strategy teams with primary research including surveys and interviews of research subjects, as well as desktop research to support our research projects.
The skills and experience required for this role are:
- Experience with detailed research in the social sciences. The right candidate would have undertaken a research-based masters degree, or at least a strong research focused honours degree.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and experience in conducting face-to-face and telephonic interviews. English is essential and ability to interview in other South African languages would be a strong advantage.
- Highly organised and able to manage a complex schedule of engagements with research subjects.
- Great persistence in being able to pursue and secure meetings and calls with interview subjects.
- Excellent writing skills, able to write up research findings and provide analytical interpretation.
- Excellent MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills. Should be able to manage large data spreadsheets and be good at visual presentation of data using graphs, etc, in PowerPoint.
- Experience with survey design, methodologies and survey fieldwork.
- Professional research experience is not essential but would be an advantage. Academic research experience is essential.
We have offices in Sandton, where this position will be based, London and Boston. It will report to the head of strategy research.
Our standards are high. You will be working with MBAs, CFA charterholders and PhDs on our team to ensure that Intellidex delivers high levels of client satisfaction and responds dynamically to new business opportunities.
We have an excellent team of researchers, analysts and writers that you will be joining. There is considerable latitude to develop your career with Intellidex, becoming an expert in specialist topics and evolving into a senior role in the business.
If you are interested in the position, please send a covering letter in which you explain how you meet the requirements listed above using the form below. Applications must be received by 15 November 2021 to be considered.