Intellidex is recruiting a dynamic and driven professional to join our team with responsibility for administering sales opportunities with new and existing clients. This role has become particularly important as our business expands and you will be a key part of this expansion.
Intellidex is a fast-growing global research and consulting firm specialising in capital markets and financial services in emerging markets, particularly Africa. This role will be based in Sandton and report to an assigned member of the executive committee.
Most of our work is commissioned by major financial services companies, global multilaterals and investors, and sometimes our research leads to highly influential publications. We believe in having an impact in our markets by providing the insights necessary to make capital markets and financial systems work better for society. Our research has ranged from the impact of charitable foundations to advising on investment strategies of global hedge funds.
We offer a small company environment in which you will have considerable latitude to shape your role. We will construct a compensation package with suitable incentives linked to performance for the right candidate. We believe in developing our talent and ensuring significant career development opportunities.
Our standards are high. You will be working with MBAs, CFA charterholders and PhDs on our team to ensure that Intellidex delivers high levels of client satisfaction and responds dynamically to new business opportunities.
- Administering Intellidex responses to all requests for proposals and information (RFPs and RFIs)
- Overseeing the drawing up of proposals in response to RFPs.
- Monitoring new business opportunities that may become available through tender websites.
- Monitoring the sales cycles with existing clients and preparing for renewal discussions.
- Arranging road shows, related events, and client/potential client meetings on behalf of managers and executives.
- Setting up all new accounts in conjunction with the finance manager for all new clients.
- Working with the finance manager on periodic and ad hoc invoicing requirements.
- Coordinating with the operations manager to ensure all new sales are smoothly implemented into project management systems.
- Being the contact point for all team managers to support them to manage sales enquiries, maintaining and updating generic pitch decks.
- Understanding the sales pipeline our firm has and be able to work with managers to forecast sales revenues.
- You must have at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Two years’ experience in a sales or sales administrative role in a financial services/legal/consulting or similar environment.
- Strong administration skills including managing Excel spreadsheets and other databases.
- Experience in composing and editing PowerPoint decks.
- Confident in engaging with potential clients (themselves and their admin and support functions) by phone and email.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and a high attention to detail.
Please do not reply if you do not have these minimum requirements as your application will not be considered.
Ideal additional requirements:
- Experience in in-person client engagements
- Qualifications in economics or related fields
- Experience in a start-up or fast-growing company environment
Please apply by completing the form below. Please ensure that your covering letter explains how you meet the minimum requirements and any ideal additional requirements that may be relevant.